Q&A with musician Zach Keo
Written by: Sarah Chase
1. How would you describe your music?
2. What is the purpose of your music?
3. How do you plan to grow your music?
4. Take me through the process of writing a song and recording it. What is the specific process?
5. How have your family and friends supported your music?
6. What do you hope people gain or how do you hope people feel when they listen to your music?
7. Who are some of your favorite artists and why?
8. Your parents story is truly amazing, so is there anything you would say to them that you have not already when it comes to them inspiring your music career?
9. What work goes behind promoting your music?
10. What would you say to anyone who wanted to start doing music?
11. What sounds do you aim for with your music?
12. Where do you hope your music career takes you?
13. Describe to creative process behind “Easy Love”?
14. How long did it take you to finish “Easy Love”
15. What is your favorite song on the album?
16. What was the hardest song for you to write and finish?
1. I would describe my music as a mix of neo soul, R&B, and pop.
2. I want to be able to share my emotions and help others by relating to what they feel. For example, if somebody is feeling anxious, I want to be able to have a song that would relate to it so they can know that they are not the only ones. Another example, a love song. If somebody is in love with another, I want them to be able to have a song to listen to to make them happy.
3. I want to be able to play at small events first and then later play for bigger gigs. I think playing music for small events will help me be able to share my music with others.
4. Writing music is hard for me when I am not feeling any type of emotion. When I am feeling any emotion like say, anxious again, I will write about that and everything I am feeling.
5. My family and friends would share my music by posting it on social media or I would hear some people play it at events!
6. I want to learn more about myself. I want to be able to share these new things I learned about myself through the art of music and want people to know that they are not alone. I also want to spread positivity around the world because I grew up with my family always telling me to stay happy and be positive. Of course though, it is okay to even be sad because you can not always be happy.
7. I have two favorite artists !! One of them is "Mac Ayres" and the other is "Bruno Major". I would say they are my favorite artist because of the vibes of the music. I really love chill music that I can listen to all day without getting tired of it. I am mostly into R&B, neo soul, pop, and indie music ! But I also like other music genres as well. I find music as art which amazes me.
8. This one is actually a hard one to answer because almost everyday, I talk to them about music and my love for it. They always supported me throughout my journey in music and they said they will my entire journey !
9. When I promote my music, I would make sure I post it on every social media account that I have and then I would go on live streams to sing some of my songs ! Mostly I live stream on instagram but I am actually thinking of starting to livestream on Youtube !
10. What I learned is that if it's not even music you want to start doing and whatever your dreams are, don't ever hesitate and go for what you want to do that makes you happy. When I started music, I was nervous to share my first song. Yes there will be some criticism and some people that would not support you, but all of that is actually a way for you to learn more things about yourself and whatever you desire to do. Don't ever hesitate is a saying I got from a youtuber named "snewj"!
11. I am usually more of an actual instrument person and not an electronic music person. What I mean by that is like I am more of the natural sound of instruments and not like edm, which also I love listening to but it's hard for me to make music with haha.
12. I want to be able to perform on stages around the world. It doesn't even have to be a big stage like a stadium ! I would even love to play at like small stages. I want to be able to be happy when they hear my music !
13. I was actually talking to someone when writing this album and there were so many mixed emotions. "Easy Love" is the name of the album because that song really gets me thinking about what love is which also brings joy to me as well !
14. The Easy Love album took me about 5 months to finish !
15. My favorite song in the "Easy Love" album is "Falling in Love With You" because of the story line. It goes from a happy song to a sad song but this also was an easy song to write because of how much I was feeling.
16. The hardest song that was the hardest for me to write and finish was "Open".